Why Dr. Anil Sharma is best doctor for hip replacement surgery in Jaipur
Dr. Anil Sharma is best hip replacement surgeon in Jaipur. He is very knowledgeable and very friendly. You can discuss your hip joint problem and he will describe your problem in detail then you can understand your problem and also understand that which is best hip replacement suitable for you. Dr. Anil Sharma also has very affordable hip replacement surgery options for patient who need hip replacement surgery but not very much affording or who don’t have cashless or reimbursement facility.
Dr. Anil Sharma do hip replacement surgery for all insurance and TPA patients including CGHS, ECHS, ESI in various empanelled hospitals.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Some causes of pain in hip region can be cure by medication, rest and physiotherapy. If pain and stiffness limit your day to day routine activities and doesn’t allow you to take rest, medication and physical therapy no longer work, then you supposed to go through under surgical procedure to cure disease or hip replacement surgery.
What is hip replacement surgery?
Hip replacement is highly successful surgery of hip region in which damaged portions of the hip joint (femoral head and acetabular socket) are replaced with prostheses (implants). This surgery may be a choice after a hip fracture or for severe pain because of damaged hip joint (arthritis). Arthritis of any cause is most common cause for hip replacement surgery.
How do you know if you need a hip replacement
you should consider a hip replacement if
- you have confirmed high grade arthritis of hip joint due to any cause and or
- You have severe hip stiffness that restrict your movement and make it difficult to walk and or
- You have severe hip pain that is not relieved by medication and that interferes with your work, sleep or routine day to day activities
What are different type of hip replacement
Three major type of hip replacement
- Total hip replacement
- Partial or hemireplacement (hemireplacement arthroplasty)
- Hip resurfacing
What is cemented or uncemented hip replacement
In hip replacement surgery there are three type of fixation method for fixation of implant to bone
- Cemented hip replacement in this replacement both side of implant (femoral stem and acetabular cup) fixed with specific type of cement like material known as bone cement.
- Uncemented hip replacement in this replacement implant fixed with bone without any material for fixation.these implants have specific type of coating on its surface which make them stable without need of fixation material
- Hybrid replacement in this type of fixation one side of implant fixed with bone cement and on other side implant fixed without any fixation material.
How long do hip implants last
Generally a hip replacement implant should remain effective for between 15 and 20 years, and some can last even longer. Results of hip replacement surgery vary according to the type of implant and the age of the patient.
When a hip implant does need to be replaced because it has loosened or worn out over time, this requires what is known as revision hip replacement surgery